Monday, September 22, 2008

Kissing 101

As many kisses as you shower upon your precious baby, he or she does not really reciprocate the affection. I used to kiss Daniel's eyes, belly, feet, etc., and I'd be lucky to get a gaseous smile in return. As a toddler, however, Daniel is beginning to learn some loving gestures. The only thing more delicious than rubbing noses with him at bedtime is getting a full-blown mouth-to-mouth kiss. I lean in towards his face, making a kissy-kissy sound. Sometimes he smacks me upside the head, sometimes he turns his head in annoyance, and sometimes he kisses me back. This is no ordinary kiss. This is an open-mouthed, big smile, lots of teeth kiss. I can remember kisses from others that have made my knees weak, but this one takes the cake. Its spontaneity is what makes it so swoon-inducing. I never know whether I'm going to get whacked or kissed. I've started to ask Daniel for a kiss, but so far he does not want to cooperate with my request. Peter once told me that he'd had a dream in which Daniel kissed him willingly on the lips. I know that day will come and I cannot wait. One day, my gorgeous little boy will look into my eyes and say, "Mommy, I want to marry you." And my knees will get weak.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MOM-MOM CANNOT WAIT TO KISS DANIEL ALL OVER WHEN SHE SEES HIM ON THURSDAY. WHAT A JOY IT WILL BE TO SEE HIM BLOW KISSES OR GIVE THEM. I WILL CHERISH THE MOMENT FOR SURE.

XOXOXO