Sunday, September 20, 2009

The New Swingset

We gave in and purchased a swingset for the backyard. While there are many playgrounds within a short distance from our house, there's nothing quite like being able to run out your own back door and play for as long as you like. And we got a really good end-of-season deal. I'm not kidding. If you're thinking about buying a swingset, September is the time to do it. They are practically giving these things away!

I knew Daniel would enjoy many hours of fun on the swingset, but I assumed it would take him some time to warm up to the various features (rock wall, monkey bars, etc.) Boy, was I wrong. The first thing he did when he saw the swingset was to expertly scale the rock wall. I have no idea where he learned to climb like that, but clearly he has no fear.

We hung out in the clubhouse for a little while, and Daniel tried out his "binoculars" and steering wheel (where he's supposed to be driving the swingset, I have no idea). I was as giddy as he was, because as a child I always wanted a cozy clubhouse or treehouse of my own. In fact, I think I might be just a tiny bit more excited about it right now than Daniel is. But isn't that why parents buy these things for their children?

I can't wait to spend more time with Daniel in our own backyard, swinging high enough for our feet to touch the sky, eating lunch at the built-in picnic table, and playing make-believe in the clubhouse until the sun goes down. Did I mention how excited I was?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daniel's swingset is so awesome!! He will have so much fun with it, exercising, exploring and using his imagination. Needless to say it will be fun for you, Peter and Ollie also. Enjoy!!

Love - MOM XOXOXO