Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Big Birthday Plans!

Daniel turns 2 years old this coming Saturday, June 13th, and we have a fun-filled weekend planned in his honor. First of all, let me just say that I can't believe my baby boy is turning 2. I don't know where the time has gone, but it seems like he was just an infant. I'm amazed by how quickly he's transformed into a happy, charming, brilliant, funny, beautiful little man! I get such pleasure from spending my days with him.

We are spending Daniel's birthday weekend down the Shore. On Saturday, his actual birthday, we hope to take him to Storybook Land -- an amusement park designed specifically for little kids. This will be his first visit, and it seems like an appropriately "special" activity for his big day. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we'll check out the South Jersey Children's Museum -- sort of a mini Please Touch, inside the Shore Mall. Thank you to Jen Thomas for telling me about it! No matter where we end up, Daniel's birthday will be wonderful because he will be with his family and will be surrounded by lots of love!

The party is on Sunday at my in-laws' Shore house in Longport. We called it for 11:30, thinking it would be a nice and relaxed lunch. Sack 'o Subs will provide the food, Weinrich's Bakery will provide the Thomas-themed cake, and Daniel himself will surely provide the entertainment! We're expecting about 25 people (almost all family) so it is sure to be a casual, intimate gathering. I truly believe that Daniel would be happy with any way we decided to celebrate his birthday. He's an easy customer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful blog Stef!! All the words you used to decribe Daniel fit him perfectly!! He is one of a kind for sure. Dad and I can't wait to kiss him, hug him and sing to him at his birthday bash. A fun time is in store for all!!

Love,
MOM XOXOXO :-)