Monday, October 27, 2008

Daniel's First Wedding

There may not have been any smiles, but there certainly weren't any tears -- and for that, I am thankful. I'm talking about Daniel, of course, as he walked down the aisle at his Uncle David's wedding to Aunt Chandra. Everyone was nervous at the prospect. Some were even pessimistic that the boys would even complete the task they had been given. Daniel had taken a long nap that afternoon, however, so I was confident that he would be okay.


When it came time for Isaac and Daniel to enter the room, I was already up front by the Chuppah. I felt bad for leaving Daniel outside with Amanda and Leah, Val and Ray, and Chandra, the bride! Aside from keeping Isaac happy, I knew they'd be saddled with the task of keeping Daniel from running off before he even had a chance to walk through the door! I was told, much later in the evening, that Daniel had been so eager to enter the room that he wanted to go ahead of his Aunt Caitlin! I held my breath as the boys came into view. Amanda was by their sides, holding Leah in her arms. As Isaac took a reluctant step, she grabbed his hand. Daniel looked confused, as if he had been blindfolded and driven to a remote location, only to be left alone to find his way back home. Luckily, Peter's aunts came to the rescue. Aunt Carole and Aunt Amy took Daniel's hands and guided him to the beginning of the aisle. He didn't protest.


As the women steered the boys down the aisle, I began to get all choked up. It was an overwhelmingly emotional experience to see my baby boy walking down the aisle, looking so handsome. He was absolutely precious and serious as can be. Once he spotted my Dad in a chair next to the aisle, he relaxed. His Pop-pop extended his arms and Daniel reached up for him. He must have felt so relieved to see a familiar face in that sea of people! I was a proud Mommy. Daniel had successfully completed his wedding duties!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh did he make us so proud.... He was the cutest guy there! And did a perfect job!!!! What a lovable little boy!

love grandma

Unknown said...

DAD AND I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW YOU AND PETER FELT WATCHING DANIEL COME DOWN THE AISLE. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SITE HE WAS. WATCHING HIM GAVE US SUCH A WONDERFUL FEELING IN OUR HEARTS. HE IS AN AWESOME LITTLE BOY WHO IS LOVED BY ALL!!
LOVE - MOM XO