Monday, October 26, 2009

My Little Character

On Friday night, we took Daniel to the Please Touch Museum for their Halloween party. He dressed as a Bob the Builder-type construction worker, tool belt and all. Aside from the helmet, he probably didn't even realize he was wearing a costume!

Daniel enjoyed seeing all of the costumed children (and adults), but he especially loved the music that blared from the speakers. I caught him grooving along to the music several times. He played in the exhibits and gathered treats from the tables scattered throughout the museum. The chocolate Peeps and gummy body parts weren't that interesting to him, but the mini Hess truck was a huge hit!

With the crowds and noise, I thought that Daniel would've grown cranky as the night went on. But he was cooperative and flexible -- especially waiting in line to get dinner, well past his normal mealtime. He just took it all in.


I can't wait to see his reaction on Halloween, when groups of costumed kids come to our door for candy. Peter and I will take Daniel Trick-or-Treating around the street until he gets tired. Last year, just 2 months after learning how to walk, he made it to 4 or 5 houses. This year, I have a feeling I'll be chasing him up and down driveways!

When I picked Daniel up from school today, he was in rare form. He gave Miss Margie a kiss goodbye and flashed a big toothy smile when I asked him how he smiled for Picture Day. Margie looked at me and said, "He's a real character." The funny thing is, she sees just the tip of the iceberg.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sure is amazing to see how Daniel has changed from year to year. He is constantly maturing and learning. Looks like the museum was a lot of fun. Love his costume. Time to get out the video camera for Halloween night. Should be a blast.

Love - MOM XOXOXO