Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Life, My Love

This little boy is the reason I get out of bed each morning. As I stumble through my daily grooming routine, I eagerly await the moment when I can fling open his bedroom door and find him smiling at me through the slats in his crib. I recently went through a difficult personal crisis and found myself struggling to make sense of the pain. Daniel has helped me find my happiness once again. He is mine -- a perfect representation of love and beauty and brilliance, all wrapped up in a precious and hilarious package. I stare at him and marvel at the wondrous person I have created. His lips are delicious, his laugh is infectious, and his generosity of heart is overwhelming. He bestows me with kisses, making all of my pain go away. He explores and investigates his world, learning new tricks and even more new words. He fills any hole that may be within me. No matter what I've lost, no one can ever take away this remarkable little boy that I am so proud and overjoyed to call my own.

3 comments:

Griffith Girls said...

What a heartfelt expression of love for your little boy! I'm sorry for your difficult personal crisis - let me know if you ever need to chat...

Unknown said...

How beautiful and personal this was!! Your writing is from the heart and we will never get tired of reading your thoughts. Daniel has always been a gift from God!! We love you,
MOM and DAD XOXOXO

Unknown said...

Oh by the way, it is so wonderful that you are writing your blogs again.

Love - Mom and Dad XOXOXO