Friday, November 6, 2009

Toddler Fashion Statement

This is how Daniel woke up yesterday morning. Well, the smile came at my request, once I had a chance to sprint downstairs for my camera. Apparently, Daniel was experimenting with different shirt-wearing styles as he waited for me to enter his room and officially "wake" him. This is one trendy toddler, let me tell you. One-shoulder frocks are all the rage on the runways this fall, and somehow my little boy was able to channel his inner Armani. I laughed out loud when I first saw him, partly because of how he looked but also because he immediately exclaimed, "Mommy, shirt!"

This latest wardrobe "malfunction" was minor compared to the time I woke him post-nap only to find him completely naked from the waist down, sitting in a giant wet spot. His diaper lay crumpled in the corner of his crib, and Daniel just sat contentedly as if to say, "Yeah, I'm going commando, and it's not all that bad!"

Hey, he hasn't yet tried to climb out of his crib, and still takes ridiculously long naps on a daily basis. So I'm not complaining. I'll just have to remember to keep my camera nearby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a face!! He probably is thinking what is mommy going to say when she sees me? Perfect picture opportunity. Keep that camera handy. Love those teeth!!

Love - MOM XOXOXO